- Show relationships of time, reason and cause through subordination and use of connectives.
- Able to group ideas into paragraphs.
- Use exclamation marks.
- Use speech marks.
- Use apostrophe for omission.
- Read on to search for meaning of unfamiliar word.
- Use knowledge of alphabet to locate information in dictionaries.
- Comment on the way characters relate to each other.
- Use a range of strategies to decode unfamiliar words.
- Can comment on the way non-fiction text is organised.
- Read, write and order numbers to 1000; know value of each digit.
- Count on and back in ones, tens or hundreds from any number under 1000.
- Know by heart addition & subtraction facts to 20.
- Use pairs of numbers that total 100 (and subtraction facts).
- Add and subtract one digit and two digit numbers.
- Know by heart x2, x3, x4, x5, x6 and x10 (and division facts).
- Do simple divisions, e.g. 27 divided by 5.
- Find simple fractions, e.g. 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/10 of shapes & amounts.
- Use £.p and know value of amounts.
- Tell time to nearest 5 minutes.