Year One Maths aims;
- Children to recognise, read, write and order numbers up to 100.
- Children will feel confident to solve simple addition and subtraction number sentences.
- Children will know their number bonds to 10.
- Children will be familiar with a range of number sequences.
- Children will be confident to solve a range of mathematical problems.
- Children will have a good knowledge of Shape, Space and Measure.
- Children will be familiar with handling data and they will begin creating and interpreting graphs and tables.
Year One Literacy aims;
- Children learn to hear the initial, middle and final sounds within words and grow in confidence at sounding out and blending unfamiliar words in reading and writing.
- Children write simple sentences using capital letters and full stops correctly.
- Children develop the skills of writing in a range of styles such as; recounts, reports, lists, story writing and poems.
- Children develop the overall quality of their writing to include, adjectives, connectives, speech marks, paragraphs etc.
- Children recognise the difference between fiction and non-fiction books and have a growing passion for reading.
- Children can sequence events in a story and recognise stories have a beginning, middle and end.
Home Learning Expectations and Tips
- Literacy, Numeracy and topic related homework will be set every Friday and sent home in their homework books.
- Please support your child with their homework but do not complete it for them. Please annotate your children’s homework to inform us of the level of support given.
- Homework will be expected to be handed in on Wednesdays.
- Make weekly homework a positive, fun and rewarding experience.
- Hear your child read or read with your child everyday - We recommend 10 – 15 minutes.
- Help your child practise their weekly spellings in a fun and interactive way.
- If your child finds their homework too hard or refuses to do it please speak to us, as we are here to help and assist with any problems.