Calton Primary School is governed by a well established, experienced and supportive governing board. The governing board is the strategic decision-making body in each school and academy. It has a crucial role in making sure every child gets the best possible education.
- set the school’s strategic direction
- hold the head teacher to account for a school’s performance
- ensure that the school’s budget is properly managed
The full governing board meets at least six times throughout the academic year. In addition, every member of the governing board also sits on a sub-committee. At Calton Primary School the governance structure is:
Each of the three sub-committees also meet once a term to look at more detailed aspects of the schools performance and operation including issues like pupil performance, the curriculum, staffing, finance and premises.
- Jane Arkell (Chair of the Governing Board)
- Tracy Millard (Chair Leadership, Management & Premises Committee) (Co-Vice Chair of Governing Board)
- Phil Jones (Chair Behaviour, Safety & Well Being Committee)
- Sarah Bunce (Head Teacher)
- Dani Rosser
- Graham Marsh
- Sue Shaw
- Natasha Dhawan
- Pat Cooper (Chair Teaching, Learning and Achievement Committee) (Co-Vice Chair of Governing Board)
- Stella Smithson (Staff Governor)
- Jane Barker-Doe (Associate Member)
- Kirstie Norris (Associate Member)
- Andrea Preedy (Associate Member)
We are always looking for skilled and experienced people to join the governing board to help drive the school forward. If you are interested in becoming a governor, please contact the Head or Chair of Governors.